8.10.2008

Designistrator?



I've been happily very busy with my two jobs - Marketing (and graphic design) for a Spa, and helping Ringling College to design and open their new student/alumni store. It wasn't really my plan to have two part-time jobs (I work about 60 hours a week!), but both of them are fun and enriching so I am not complaining. Although, I haven't been painting enough. Here is a big commission that is in progress right now, portraits of two titans of contemporary asian art as Napoleon. They are (going to be) Ai Wei Wei and Takeshi Murakami. Each cavas is 5' tall.

Also, I'm starting to get my feet under me enough to call myself a graphic designer. I love it! Especially doing things like cards and flyers. Designing the menu it was a bit more tedious (alot more copy). Here are some of the things that I've done for Melody's:





When you open the menu, you first see a seamless photo of the spa, which opens in the middle like a gate:

To the services inside:

6 comments:

TREY BRYAN said...

wow babe kick ass. the big paintings are looking sweet. the menus and all the other stuff looks great too. you always have to do something way better.

trey

Adam Tamte Volker said...

Yay Jane!

Sarah Watts said...

Awesome Jane! Happy to see what you are doin, miss you!

ScrubyLoo said...

Is that you?
E-mail me at ScrubyLoo@yahoo.com
Sarah Scruby
(Scoobadiver)

Lindsay Jo Blankenship said...

Hey Jane!

I just wrote you a giant comment and then for some reason it erased it, but I wanted to comment on your painting, it looks great! You have a very distinct style that I admire. :)

I also absolutely love those business cards and brochures. The patterns are very well done and I love the forms that the cards create. You did a very professional and creative job.

Did I tell you I switched to GIC? I know we havent talked since last summer but I switched majors, I'm loving it!

Anyway, I'm sure that Lea told you how we worked together. She's a great girl, very fun and bright, like you!

If you still have my number, you should call me sometime and we should go have lunch or something silly like that. I'd love to catch up.

~Linz

Red Fox Literary said...

Hi, Jane
I should probably check my blogger account more often---I think I might have missed an opportunity to buy one of your paintings! Are the lovely pink flowers seen in the photo behind the laptop still for sale? Well, even if not, please keep in touch with samples. And if you ever get into book design, we're always looking for good picturebook designers!
BTW: I recently finished a pic book project with Lisa Fields, who I think you may know. She did a wonderful job on the book, 'Too Perfect.'

Best,

Abigail
abigail.samoun@tenspeed.com