7.06.2007

update


The end of that peice... I had the weird colors in the flesh, but John English and the rest of the instructors felt very strongly that they were out of place and ruining the picture, so I painted over with the tones above. This is the peice that I did for assignment #2, which was just "a celebrity portrait". He is the slam poet/lyricist Saul Williams.

And then: just a little speed painting. The fabulous Chris White and I had a quick-fire paint off. It was a draw. 40min


(next up: pinocchio)

3 comments:

Adam Tamte Volker said...

Jane! I need to have that painting of Saul. Trade me? The piece of Ben and Tom came out nice, but I have to say I was holding out for the old color in the face from square one. You think I could make that shirt that you put on Mr. W. somewhere? Stay true

-Tamte

Cin said...

your work is terrific, especially the portrait of Saul Williams, love the handwriting shirt!

| Ram-E | said...

I BEG you to start selling that Saul Williams portrait...it's amazing, I would love to by a photocopy or a T-shirt with that print on it...plz contact me about it