




The finished pic is really a bad shot of my painting - the darks are all lost into holes and so forth, but I will scan it when it's dry. Our assignment was to do an illustration for chapter 3 from pinocchio, in which gipetto takes the hunk o' wood home and carves his new puppet - with pinocchio playing tricks and being a little devil all along the way. In the original story pinocchio actually gets hung and dies because he's such a miscreant. I wanted to show that as he is carved, he becomes more and more in control and animated until he just runs off on his own (at the end of chapter 3).

4 comments:
I have been following along with your posts, just wanted to say how much I appreciate your taking the time to blog about your assignments at the academy, I've been curious about what it was like ever since I learned of it, many thanks!
Liking this jane, this is a new direction for you (I think), and that is a HUGE surface to paint on. Very cool, always great to see some of your updates, hope the academy continues to go well!!
Looking hot Jane! Really wanna see it in person cuz it looks like its gettin cropped all crazy and the colors are a bit freaky like you said in the post's title. . . Also, really appreciating the roughs you posted - the one with just the red marks really shows that you meant business with this one. See you soon!! I get down the 3rd, i think? When you showing up?
Hello Hello... Hope you had fun on your trip!
Post a Comment