7.23.2007

Driving Around 'o7




I am one week into a long road trip across the North East. Here is a little taste in photos:



Trey and I on the steps of the National Gallery in D.C.



West Virginia on the way out of town.



George's studio, his collection of other artist's originals, house & kiddos.


Breakfast joint in Richmond w/ Chris White.

Alex and Trey at the National Portrait Gallery. They had a portrait by Phil Hale of a british composer which rocked my socks off!


On the second day, Alex's buddy Doug joined us for some more museums and explorations of the city. His outfit matched Trey's... exactly.

NC Wyeth's studio in Chadd's Ford.


Lunch with Andrew Wright near the Brandywine museum. (He was also on a road trip north, small world!)

John Schoonover's studio in Wilmington, DE.

Some really hardcore illustration nerds may recognize this cellar door as the same one used in a reference shoot for Howard Pyle's painting of a damned sailor on a ship deck in the rain. We trespassed around his studio in Wilmington.

2 comments:

Erin McGuire said...

Wow, this looks so fun :) You should try to get to the Barnes Foundation while you're around philly. I love the brandywine, it feels like an illustration holy place

Robb said...

Deaammmmn!!!! Thanks for such a kickass updayte, Janie!! I up in ohio and it awesome to see all the awesomeness u kickin all round the place . . .Very nice. Hope you still keeeping the sketchbook? Or does a journey of such epic proportions call for something bigger!? Some sort of painting bounding!?? I'm not even knowing . . . . Anyways, thanks for posting and I got some sketchbook shit i wanna share with you for feedback when we unite once more!! Can't wait for see u and all else u gotz - - TTYL
XXOXOXOXOX
Robb