5.25.2007

West Virginia --> The Academy

My stay in West Virginia is pretty much through. Tomorrow, I fly back home to Florida and start the Illustration Academy right away on Monday. Trey and I have done a combined 120+ paintings! Today, we finally pulled off a 1o painting day (we each did 10). Also, we decided to cut bigger panels so today's 10 were 16x18 - 18x24 instead of 9x12-12x16. It's alot harder than you would think to do 10 plein air paintings in one day. We got up at 6 and started painting right away, the only breaks we took were to drive paintings back to the apartment when the truck was at capacity for wet ones, and a 1 hour break for lunch. We watched the sun rise during our first painting, and set during our last (6am-9pm.) That's the shit. =) Exhaustion, but happy. Flying home tomorrow is a little sad. I won't be able to post pictures until Trey brings all the paintings when he drives back to Florida, so that means that I probably never will. Maybe the best ones. We might try to set up a show with all of them. "West Virginia: Sun Up to Sun Down."

No comments: