


Trey Bryan and I worked on these during the Illustration Academy here in Kansas City. We haven't done very many collaborations, so it was fun to trade off on these paintings, working all three at once and "tapping out" for the other person to step up when we weren't sure where to go next. It's interesting to do because somehow other people's problems are easier to see and solve, so allowing someone else to create some new marks/choices presented a clarified direction each time.
I like each where they are now, but are they finished? Hmmm...

6 comments:
hey Jane,
an update! I'm amazed! ;-)
it was great watching you and Trey work on these over the academy. they ended up fine. I don't really think there's much else to do except polish them up, but what's going on now is nice to look at.
you should post up some of the figure drawings you did at the Academy!
Love all three of these. 1st and 3rd are my faves. Colors are wow wow wow.
damn those are tight! that purple is so pretty.
Holy smoking gun Jane these are great!
-tamte
These are really nice and look like you guys had some serious fun!
These are amazing! Glad to see your paintings!
Post a Comment