4.04.2010

Update

I have not posted in a bit, but have been super busy! Travel, drawing, designing, and involved in some really cool events. Trey posted on his blog all about SXSW where we were drawing as part of the kickoff party at The Mohawk, and at the Screenburn convention booth with TAD and Massive Black. I got the plague and was out for the last few days, but still had a killer time.

We wanted to do more, so Trey set up some cool venues here in Kansas City. The first was last Friday, during First Fridays in the Crossroads arts district. Kansas City has the best FFs of any city I've been to! They are packed, with lots going on besides the gallery openings: mucho live music, street performers, bar hopping, etc. We did not take enough pictures, but at least I took a break to snap a few!




It was a great weekend for events, with spring starting KC is coming to life again. We drew for a second night in a row at Artopia, a huge celebration of the arts held in a retro movie theater near downtown. With 5 spaces inside and a large tent outside, there was a lot going on all at once! A different vibe in each area. Locally produced film, musicians, DJs, live painting, food, free Shlafly beer and Shaker's vodka, runway fashion show, African Drum band, Voler Theives of Flight aerealists, a whole troupe of fire dancers... and, I'm sure more that I missed. We totally failed to take any pictures of us drawing during this event, but we did get some shots of the other performances.





More Artopia photos on Flickr (mostly of Voler - Trey has a big crush on those girls).

No comments: