1.07.2010

Crafty Fashion Glasses

Happy New Years!!


Finally, I am home and settled from Holiday traveling. Probably my favorite thing about the holiday season are all of the opportunities for crafty gifty projects! This year, I gave baked gifts, with a new foray in to candy making: Dulce de Leche Caramels, Orange-Almond Biscotti with White Chocolate Glaze, Snowflake Sugar Cookies, and the favorite Chocolate Mint Wafers. Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to get it all made right before leaving town that I didn't get to take pictures or make the little booklet of illustrated recipes I had planned. =( Next year.

For family gifts, I decided to make custom sets of etched glassware. Using etching cream to create designs is surprisingly easy! My favorite set turned out to be these "Designer" fashion glasses that I made for Trey's brother the label whore, Beau.



Sketch ideas, transfer the good ones to sticky contact paper:

Cut out the designs.

Carefully stick the contact paper to the glass, then clean the surface with some glass cleaner to remove finger prints. Glob on the etching cream. Wait 5 min, rinse it off and peel off the sticker.

Viola!

3 comments:

Sarah Watts said...

Omg these are so awesome! Thank you for sharing!
I can testify that your holiday cooking was the bomb.

Glasses said...

Nice collation i like yor post.....
Thanks
Muddassar Shah

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.