1.27.2007

McLean


MC reminded me last week that he is one of the only close friends that I've never painted, so that night I did a quick portrait of him. I've been looking at the Red Rose Girls, and playing with the idea of the background color/value being dominant in the foreground - in this case the cardboard color is eveywhere. This one was just the right size to scan in one shot, the others where i mess with this idea are too much trouble.


This semester is going great so far. There is quite a bit more pressure, yet I am somehow more at ease. I hope the recharged state will last... we're only 2 weeks in! I also think that I finally learned how to just be alone. I'm starting to not want the distraction of other people around, very weird for me but good considering I only have 1 year left of a great art community and then it's off into the big bad world.

No comments: