Mr. P assigned another 6 foot portrait drawing, this one was to draw yourself as you want other people to see you (not as you are). Well, I wussed out on the deeper introspection and did myself as a gypsy. Tonight I had an interesting conversation with Dianne Belk that brought me to realize that I did the assignment an injustice by not putting more thought into it. She got very interested in what my concept would be for this because she looked at it from the perspective of "how would you want a potential employer to see you... and remember you". Now, that certainly warrants a bit of thought. She brought up the good point that when you work for a company your daily dress will not effect your salary. However, if you're a freelance artists, everyone you meet can be a potential client. The way you look day-to-day would be very important. Making the right impression if you just happen to meet someone could be the key that gets you a job. Not just making the right impression in terms of being clean and such, but also standing out in their mind for having a memorable personal style. A whole new perspective on the question, how do I want other people to see me? I'll be gnawing that one over in my head for awhile.
No artwork tonight, I'll scan more sketchbook pages over the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment