6.08.2011

A thank you and a self portrait - digital sketches





More therapeutic digital sketching. One is a Thank you for Auxanna who made me an amazing cloth matryoshka as a parting gift! I spent 10 days in St. Petersburg/Moscow last month visiting museums, opera, ballet, historic sites and my friend who is soon to be returning from the Academy of Arts with his painting MFA... !!! Here are some shots from studio open houses at the Academy (also known as the Ilya Repin School of Art).







If we are friends on FB, there are lots more pics of Russia there. The other digi sketch above is a half done self portrait with pig tails and frustrated face. I might finish it someday, but the face is really what I was interested in so it is probably abandoned at this point.

I have a new blog in the works, this one hasn't been getting much love because I spend so much of my time on other projects... like learning (and failing repeatedly) how to make mozzarella cheese. The new blog is going to be art, design, inspiration, and FOOD! / recipes. More on that soon.

1 comment:

Robb said...

Holy shit balls! This looks crazy!!!! Digital sketches are an inspiration and that open house is blowing my frigging mind!!! Thanks for sharing all this goodness!!!
X O X O X O