1.20.2011

Just for fun


A warm up that I did before my drawing demo here in Austin, TX. I worked on this off and on throughout the day, probably ~2.5 hours overall. This is a further exploration with combining Nupastels and Oils on paper, 25" x 38". I want to do more of these, and get much more wild with the colors.

22 comments:

Scott Prather said...

Hello Jane,

To be honest, I am quite awestruck by this. I've been always keeping a look on the Ringling grads and makes me hopeful for when I get out of here!

Erin McGuire said...

Damn girl, damn. Beautiful work :) Hope Austin is treating you well.

Robb said...

This. is. so. good.

John said...

Wow. Very nice work Jane!

Molly said...

I love this one. I'm not exactly sure what Nupastels are, but you use them well.

Ally Hodges said...

Jane, this is awesome!! Absolutely beautiful!

Adam Tamte Volker said...

dude jane! DUDE this is a great piece

Jamil R. Lahham said...

God damn this is delicious Jane. If you're selling I'm buying Keep me posted.

Cat Scott Larimore said...

Jane, loving all your drawings. They are all lovely, but like everyone else said, there is something about this one - the texture, the color, the composition - beautiful stuff. Keep it up!

cody miles said...

killer stuff on this blog! your figure stuff is ace.

Sarah Watts said...

One of my new favorites:)

Jelter said...

I agree with everyone else. This came out really nice.

Matthew Lopez said...

DAMN! Thats awesome Jane! So nice! Just enough of everything.

Your kick ass!

Matthew Lopez said...

Hey do you prep your paper for oil?

Jane said...

Wow, holy cow! Thank you everybody!
I just learned that paper needs to be prepped before oil painting on it, so I'm going to try gessoing the front and back sides with acrylic gesso. Hopefully it won't bubble the paper.

Sarah Marino said...

This is seriously so amazing. One of my favorite pieces I've ever seen from you and definitely just in general. Can't wait to see you explore this more!

Dudi said...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this one is insane

Mike Rosenbaum Studio said...

I am a bit late to the game, butbthis is absolutely brilliant Jane. Well done. I hope you are found well, miss you guys. All my best.

Brooke Olivares said...

The is BEAUTIFUL Jane!! I Love the other one too!!

abby walsh said...

However you are creating this affect is really powerful - it looks vintage, but with a modern figure. I would believe anything rendered this way.

Andrew Killmeier said...

unreal. How much would you charge to do a four panel CD? (simpler style, mostly two tone illustrative).

contact me at akillmzeier@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Just discovered you via youtube. You are a brilliant artist. Can't wait to see more.
Kyles :D