Also, thanks to Katrina, Jami, Jessica and Erin for posing!










Last week Trey & I were digging through Spivy's Used Book store for treasures. I found a design magazine from the 1964 with a student interior design contest. One student from each major college at the time was selected, and their design printed along with a little square head shot. The pictures are priceless! I decided to use them for warm ups and experimenting. Here are the first two:

15 comments:
yes Ms. Radstrom,
but how does this concept relate to the art of today?
think about it.
Ron H.
I'm assuming Ron H's post is continuing from a conversation I haven't seen?
Anyway, awesome stuff Jane, the top one is practically finished in my eyes. All the important stuff is there! Hope you post more soon!
Beautiful tones of the skin and sensitive soft lines! I'll be watching to see how this project develops!
Ron H.-
Everyday, I am seeing more anonyouses out on art blogs- without creds, bashing great pictures, and not knowing what their overpriced Duchamp books are talking about. If you would like to discuss certain "no nos" in the art world at the present, then I suggest you look at major modern exhibitions and appropriation hacks- for they are inventors of the "in and outs" of vogue and trendy. They represent and reproduce everything but the porcline in a toilet.
They are not as the artist by his easel, searching for something greater than his previous thought.
-Trey Bryan
Nice little collection here. My favorite is the 8th down with the red and peach pastels. The softness and line just makes me want to keep look at it. Great work! :D
Jane,
That top painting is really nice already!!
-Tamte
Jane, the square portraits are fantastic, the recent subtle-ness in your brushwork has me vexed. Hope you and Trey are well and enjoying Kansas :)
You make me look purty :]
These are bad ass.
That painting is killing me! For me it's definitely finished. Great drawings, too.
The first painting in green/yellow and black is amazing. I wish I could get that much personality and "swing" in my work. I like your direction.
As far as RonH's comment.... how does HIS work relate to the art of today? Is that our sole purpose as artists.... to do everything in conjunction with the current issues of society so we can impress those that come after us?
My website is www.brentwatkinson.com You can weigh my comments against my work. Perhaps RonH will share his work with us as well. Maybe I can learn from him and be a better artist as a result.
Jane these figures are awesome, the first one is by far my favorite, I'm loving these.
these are all fantastic but the first one just hurt everyones feeling for being so kick ass :)
JANE!
These paintings are great. Really grabbed my attention.
some great drawings too, I dont really see you having any problem getting simple when you need to. Just remember you mentioning that.
And I guess thats what comment moderation is for. His post is wasting peoples time that responded to it because he didnt validate a damn thing he said.
top one is sweet!
wow, jane
Post a Comment