
I just found out the my portrait of Saul Williams was chosen for the Society of Illustrators show in New York city, and won a $5000 award! I also heard, just today, that they chose it to be on the poster advertising the show all over NYC! I'm unbelievably honored. Being accepted to the show and recognized with an award is one of the highest honors an illustration student can receive, as there are thousands of entries from students across the country, only about 100 are chosen to be shown, then around 25 receive awards. Not only that, Ringling College completely dominated both the show and the awards! 24 of the total entries came from Ringling artists, and almost half of the scholarship money was awarded to our students. Congratulations to everyone!!
Society of Illustrations 2008 Award Winners

5 comments:
fuck yes!! FUCK YES!!!!
congrats, i saw it on the web a week ago. ringling killed it!!!!
Jane! Congrats! I remember this piece from last summer. That's really cool.
wow!!! congrats hun!!! im so happy for you!
nice !!
Post a Comment