






Some of my favorites from the book so far. Also, one random digital painting that has nothing to do with a cookbook (did that one throw you?). I am 22 recipes in; just 3 left. Then, I have to learn how to be a graphic designer to lay out and format this thing (eep). My deadline is April 1st to send it to the printer. I think that I will be using lulu, because I can get an 8 1/2" x 11" paperback for a reasonable cost (I think $13-16 per book depending on the exact pages and such), so I'll be able to change a reasonable price (I would like to charge $20). If anyone from Ringling has gotten something printed there or with another place, I'd like to check it out. Mr. Theil thinks lulu is a bad idea because Blurb would be much better quality (and more $$).

5 comments:
Junior year our instructor used lulu to print a book of our work- it turned out pretty good. I've never even heard of that other place... Stick with lulu, they have a good reputation.
Im hungry!! :(..........
Great job, no seriously, it really make me hungry!
Great Stuff Jane. I can't wait to see what you do with the layouts and what other design elements you will add to the book.
Everything looks so tasty! I love the little details and colors of the little peeled orange the best.
I'm liking that cult one, pretty slick Jane!
Post a Comment